Monday, June 21, 2010

It's...it's a Gundam!



The RX-78-2 was recently assembled again in Shizuoka.  It now comes complete with a beam saber melting a sign.  I would have to say that it has always been my dream to go to Japan to see and enjoy what the country has to offer.  I never really had anything planned, but now I actually have one thing that I have to do; I have to visit the Gundam during the trip.  I for one have never been one of those anime fans that go through extraordinary lengths to celebrate my love for anime, but I would definitely have to make an exception for a 1:1 scale Gundam. You know, it goes to show how great of an impact the Mobile Suit Gundam series has had on Japan for them to spend the time and money to create the model.  I can't help, but reminisce about coming home from school excited to watch Gundam on Toonami when I see the RX-78-2.  Aww, the good 'ol days...

 Source:  http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/06/11-gundam-rx-78-2-statue-in-shizuoka_21.html

No comments:

Post a Comment